Thursday, December 20, 2012

Food, Snacks, and Drinks (November)

A continuation of this post While in Japan, I figured I should be trying snacks and foods that I normally wouldn't and/or can't get in America. Because there are so many snacks to try, I decided to do a monthly review on everything I tried. ^_^ Hope you guys enjoyed this! I apologize for the products I really like because they are probably going to be the shortest or the longest descriptions you'll find! XD


Match
This yellow drink has a really surprising flavor to it. At first, no one could think of what it was. Then it hit me, "Smarties." You know, the candy the elderly hand out to children on Halloween? The kind that is powdery and crumbly if it gets smushed. This drink tastes like Smarties in a liquidized form. It's really sweet and yummy~ but surprising flavor. I personally like Smarties though I know many people who don't, so as you can guess... I like this drink. It's kind of a taste of America. By the way, there is a chocolate candy like M&M's around the world that is also called Smarties. They have the powdery disks ones in America and Canada, but in Canada (because the British Smarties was released there first), it is called "Rockets" lolz. I found that out when I was trying to describe this drink to my British friend Natalie. We were both confused on what the other person meant. Natalie, wanna send me some Smarties from England and I'll send you Smarties from America? :D


チョコパイ
Choco Pie
It would be a lie if I said I never had this before. I rarely ate this while home in America, but since a friend was kind of enough to give me one, I figured it would be worth it to post about it on the blog. It is very chocolate-y and marshmallow-y, which is to be expected. It's been a long time since I last had one, but from what I can kind of remember... this one has a more chocolate-y taste as well as feels creamier. You get what I am saying?


バスコ りんご / いちご
Basco's Apple/Strawberry
It was not that bad~ but not my cup of apple juice (sorry, I don't like tea at all). It had that artificial taste of apples and strawberries on a plain cracker. Maybe I was spoiled as a child, but I prefer my plain crackers to have that buttery feeling to it~ not nothing on it. Sorry I am not more helpful~ :/


シナモン香るりんごのクレープ蒸しケーキ
Apple Cinnamon Crepe
When I first saw this, I was like "Apple cinnamon muffin?!?!" After I purchased it, I realized it said "crepe" and then thought to myself, I don't think that means what you think it means? However, once I got it opened, the smell of apple and cinnamon had filled the air around me. And me being me, I decided to poke the crepe breading thing... it is the same as a crepe, to my surprise. This filled me with my joy than if it was really a muffin that said "crepe." There was an apple filling/jam in the middle of the crepe-muffin. All around the filling was the crepe bread and a hint of cinnamon. Once you hit the filling/jam, it really does taste like an apple. The taste of apples is so strong but delicious. In the filling, there was very little apple chunks. They are hard to see in real life as well as in the pictures.


サクッと しっとりきなこ
Peanut Butter Thing
I love this things. They are so delicious~!! I don't think they are suppose to taste like peanut butter, but to me, they do! It's kind of weird and uncanny, I guess. They have a type of coating on them that also feels like peanut butter, but I don't know. Although it kind of looks like a crunchy snack, it is. But after the first bite, it just melts in your mouth. I'm sorry. I can't really describe this snack too well. :/ By the way, it comes in two fun shapes: hearts and circles. ^_^


はちみつ りんごデニッシュ
Apple Danish
Disappointing. There was no apple jam within it, just apple pieces, The bread was croissant-y but not as good. Apples themselves were crunchy and needed more flavor.


きのこの山
Mushroom Mountain
It looks like a mushroom, but it's not! These are (maybe?) really popular in Japan, a lot of people like them... including myself. They are chocolate in mushroom shape. This one was given to me by my friends from Maryland USA, Jessica~! She went to Tokyo and bought them there. In Japan, some products are only available in certain areas. This one was a white chocolate with milk chocolate on what tasted like a pretzel where the stem of the mushroom was. Very delicious~! ♥


さわやか ミックスネクター
Mixed Nectar
OH MY GOSH!!! This has to be the most delicious drink I have ever tried in my lifetime. It is so seriously addicting and delicious and ugh~ words cannot describer it! You can taste the smooth (yet thick) blend of nectar. It's so delicious... although I am a bit biased to fruit drinks. Everyone that tried it, that I know of anyway, loves it as well! It's such a great drink!


チョコレート小町
Komachi Chocolate
This is a chocolate filled bread that I happened to pick up in the Komachi Lobby, however that is not the reason they are called "Komachi Chocolate." I actually don't know that. Anyway, I am not too much of a huge chocolate fan. To me, this was only so-so. It wasn't all that good. As much as I love flavored and unflavored breads, I do not like all of them. This and cinnamon raisin bread (seriously, why ruin a good thing with raisins!!! does not make the list of what flavored breads I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment